Member Association: Societatea de Planificare a Familiei din Moldova Tel. +373 (22) 235073 / email@example.com
Abortion legal since 1956. The new law on reproductive health and family planning N°185-XV from 24 May 2001 is based on previous legislation.
Up to 12 weeks
Up to 21 weeks
- Socio-medical and socio-economic grounds
Up to 28 weeks
- In cases of congenital syphilis
- severe foetal malformations
- Danger to health and life of woman
- Socio-economic grounds
- Parental consent required for minors (under 16)
- Up to 12 weeks of pregnancy, abortions can be performed in the State clinics' in-patient department. Up to 5 weeks of pregnancy, abortions are also possible in a polyclinic (out-patients' clinic).
- The grounds for an abortion up to 21 and 28 weeks are to be examined by a special legal committee.
MDL 325 (US$ 25) up to the 12th week, MDL 90 (US$7) for local anaesthesia, MDL 100 (US$8) for general anaesthesia, to be paid by the women themselves to the hospital or polyclinic.
DISPARITY IN THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW